Have you ever felt stuck in your life? Unhappy with the results you’re creating? It’s time to shift your mindset and old beliefs with this 5-step process. The creator of this paradigm-shift exercise is Author Bob Proctor, featured in “The Secret,” the movie about the Law of Attraction. There may be something in your subconscious, your pattern of beliefs or mindset, that is getting in your way.
After doing this exercise over the weekend, there’s been a shift in my energy, releasing the old to bring in the new. There’s a method to re-write what you do want to occur in your life.
Here are the 5 Steps:
- Decide what you want to focus on for this exercise. Think about the results you’re getting in one area in your life that you want to change, maybe it’s some aspect of your business or relationship.
- Write down the situation the way it currently is. What you are currently upset or unhappy about? Get all of your feelings and thoughts about the issue on paper. What is keeping you up at night? Maybe it’s your business, and you’re not bringing in enough sales, or you want more special time with your loved one.
- Then get out a second sheet of paper and write out what you want to create in your life. Write…“I’m so happy and grateful now that…” and then complete the sentence in the present tense. Write down all the wonderful things you’ll have once this result is achieved.
- Now take the first sheet–with all your awful thoughts and feelings–and burn it. Burn the paper in a fire pit or in a bowl covered with aluminum foil and let it go.
- Take the second sheet of paper of what you want to create and carry that with you for a week, referring to it often. Also write out what you want to create dozens of times a day morning and night. Then read out loud what you wrote.
At first, you may not believe what you are writing or saying. But after a while, it won’t seem so odd, and you’ll even start to believe it. Then you will know you are beginning to reach your subconscious mind. You may take it even further by closing your eyes and visualize what you want to occur with all the feeling you can muster. Do this for a few minutes. This will plant the new way of being into your new mindset.
Vicki Atlas is a Best Mindset Coach and certified in Guided Imagery. Atlas is passionate about bringing more peace to children and helping educators and parents awaken to their best life. You can connect with her on Twitter and email her at Vicki@HeartTalkNow.com