All of us can use a little peace from daily stress and our over active monkey-mind. That’s the chatter of thoughts that seem to go on endlessly. Meditation and Guided Imagery are one of the best tools we have to build brain elasticity and counter negativity and stress. Plus, guided imagery can lead to an increase in positive experiences, and connect us to the present moment. Ample research concludes that having a regular meditation practice produces benefits for mental and physical wellbeing. Some of these include:
- Decreased anxiety, depression, and sleep issues
- Reduced blood pressure and hypertension
- Lowered cholesterol levels
- Less production of “stress hormones,” including cortisol and adrenaline
- More efficient oxygen use by the body and improved immune function
- Plus, increasing the anti-aging hormone DHEA
It’s an exciting time because the research in quantum physics shows that your perception of reality affects and can even alter your reality. So if the majority of the time you are experiencing negative thinking and beliefs that is what you will draw into your life. So focus on the good, watch what you think, and do guided meditation!